Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Big Hurt From Play At The Plate Trade

Mail was good to me today. A package from Brain of  Play At The Plate fame was sticking out of my mailbox when I arrived home today and it didn't disappoint. Brian contacted me about one of my Card of the Day posts (here) and we worked out a trade. He offered me a couple of Frank Thomas game used cards and this is what I got.

2001 SP Game Bat Milestone Piece of the Action game used bat #M-FT
2001 Fleer Wall Of Fame outfield wall
Two great cards. A bat piece from a great power hitter is always awesome and I love the odd type of memorabelia pieces so the outfield wall piece is a big hit with me. I think this one is from Milwaukee as the back has his stats from that ballpark.
 There you go a couple of Frank Thomas game used cards for his end of the deal. But wait.... what is this, something else fell out of the padded envelope.


2010 Topps Historic Commemorative Patch 1994 All-Star Game #LPR-90
Here's a big supprise. I am one who likes these manufactured patch cards so I was stoked when I saw this one.

1999 SPx Star Focus #SF 8
2002 Fleer Genuine Touch em All #21of 25 TA

2 nice inserts I didn't have. Way cool!

All in all a great trade with Play at the Plate. Thanks Brian!



Thanks for Reading!

3 Comments:

TheBrooklynMet said...

I am trying to get one of those wall cards myself, I agree that such odd game used stuff is very cool. (I also like the patch card)

Play at the Plate said...

Glad you liked everything. I have a post going up tomorrow showing what you sent me.

Field of Cards said...

Nice stuff. I like the manu patches too. I mean I take them for what they are. They look cool and often replicate something I'd never otherwise see.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers