Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Great E-Bay Score, It Doesn't Take Much To Make Me Happy.

    Hello all. Today I have a great score I grabbed on E-Bay. The auction was for a 9 card lot , 1976-1980. Sounds interesting, what cards may they be? Let's get right to it.

1977
 Dave Parker, Johnny Bench, Steve Carlton

1977
Dennis Eckersley, Thurman Munson, Home Run Leaders Nettles/Schmidt
 

1976 Steve Carlton
1980 George Brett
1978 Don Gullet
 
   You may say, "what's the big deal Benny, some nice cards but nothing too extreme there. I would say "take a closer look." 
The price $ 3.49 including shipping. That's 38.778 cents per card. Not too bad.
Look closer. No not the fact that all the cards are off center to some degree. That was common back during that time. Look, every player fits into my collection. Yep, 7 non Mets and Yankees that I player collect plus 2 Yankees.
   You may say "but Benny, you didn't have any of those Topps cards already?" I would have to answer you "Sure I have several of these cards from Topps however..........
 


these cards are not Topps, they're all O-Pee-Chee cards." That's right, printed in Canada, with French words and everything. I don't have too many of the O-Pee-Chee cards from back in the day so these are great additions to the binders. Except for the centering they are in very good shape so I really like the deal I scored. Like I said, it doesn't take much to make me happy.
 
Don't Forget about my contest HERE and spread the word.
 
Don't forget about Benny-Bay HERE, I will extend it to tomorrow so maybe somebody may please bid.
 
 
That's it for now.
 
 Keep rocking your cardboard dreams people!


 
Thanks For Reading!

2 Comments:

Stealing Home said...

nice pick ups, dude. solid line up.

i had no idea that many good players come from over there in NY. hehe

Stealing Home said...

just joking, dude. the line up really is solid for that low price.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers