Thursday, January 6, 2011

Turning Over a New Leaf With My First Trade Post of 2011, and Another Contest Plug.

    Hello all. Today I come to you with my first trade post of 2011. I first and foremost must apologize for my lack of trade posts from the many awesome trades I made with so many tremendous bloggers out there during the last few months of 2010. It became much busier around here then I expected and my being unorganized really slowed me down blog wise. I consider myself a fair trader but when it came to posting them I really sucked and for that I am sorry. I love each and every trade I have made with all of you out there and don't want my lack of trade posts to reflect any negative feelings about any part of any of them. With that I am turning over a new leaf and promise to begin anew in 2011 and get back to properly thanking all you generous traders I have the pleasure to trade with.
   With that being said I have the first opportunity with a package I receive from Rhubarb Runner over at “é rayhahn, rayhahn” He's a great trader and it usually goes very easy to work out a trade with him. If you got Twins, he has interest and this one was no different. He posted some Mets trade bait and he baited me in for a great trade. I sent some Twins stuff he wanted and in return these beauties showed up.



 Five 2009 and one 2008 Golden goodies /2009 and /2008 respectively along with a 2009 Omir Santos RC Black bordered /58. On the bottom left you can see a 2002 Topps Post Mike Piazza and a Black Bordered 2009 O-Pee-Chee Carlos Beltran.


   As you can see the Piazza is # 4 of 30 and has a Post logo on the bottom. I assume that it was part of some promo set post released in  02 but I haven't done any research so I leave it up to you readers to fill me in with some info on it. (UPDATE AT BOTTOM OF POST) I would tell you the number on the Beltran except it's a blank back error card. I love the error cards and this one is no exception. I have seen quite a few from the 80's and even own a couple but I haven't seen any in any recent years sets so I am not sure how rare this one is.

  Next up some hits.
   A 2002 Topps Chrome Top of the Order Benny Agbayani gu jersey and a 2010 Topps Chrome Jerry Marte auto. Coincidentally Madding over on Card on Cards speculated that this blog may be named after Benny Agbayani and then this card shows up. I will state for the record that is not the case but a funny observation I must say.

   These two 2009 Upper Deck jersey cards of John Maine and Billy Wagner were intriguing to me due too the black jersey color. I already have one of the John Maine cards (pictured below with the new one) but as you can see, different colored swatches. A quick E-Bay search shows several black Wagner's but only one Maine.


   There you have it, a fun package courtesy of  Rhubarb Runner.

  On a different note, the man known as Wicked Ortega is having another contest over on My Past Time……. I Love It!!. As always he goes big and has a great prize so check it out. This is the second contest he is running this week as he is on a very generous streak and I can attest to that as I won his first contest this week. Yea for me!
   That's all I have for now. Keep rockin your cardboard dreams people!



UPDATE: Mark from Mark's Ephemera sent me this info on the 2002 Post set.






Thanks for Reading!

4 Comments:

TheBrooklynMet said...

Cool pics of the two John Maine Jersey cards.

Steve D. said...

Nice pickups! Thought I would've been the only one interested in that Agbayani card

AdamE said...

Rhubarb is always sends a ton of Topps Gold cards.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that Post card came from a box of cereal. I wish they'd do that again (as long as it's a cereal I'd eat).

Dude, you're just as easy of a trader to work out a trade -- pleasure doing business with you. (And I have access to Piazza's if you come across more Twins)

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers