Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Double Header Trade Post! Stacks and Set Fillers.

      Welcome back to the Baseball Card Buffet. Today I have a couple of trades to show off in an effort to catch up on them.
       First up is a great package couple of boxes loaded with stacks of fun from Mark over at Stats On The Back. He offered up stacks of cards in varying counts of specific players so I requested some of the players I collect and these boxes showed up in my mailbox.

You can see the size of them compared to the Gwynn card. There were so many great cards in the boxes I decided to show a "six-pack" of cards from the players I claimed.  Here we go....................


Tony Gwynn
There were so many great Gwynn cards which made it tough to pick only six to show off.


Bo Jackson
Bo knows cards and these six were in a nice bunch in the two sport all star's stack. It's funny to see the 90 Donruss in blue, not red.


Randy Johnson
These six are just an example of the sweet cards in the flamethrower's pile.


Paul O'Neill
Paul O'Neill was a big fan favorite with the Reds and Yankees because of his fire and desire to help his team win ball games. These six represent his Yankees days.


Rich "Goose" Gossage
As a kid back in the late 70's I remember him coming in for the Yankees and shutting down everyone he faced. These six show him with a few of the nine teams he played for. Can you name all nine?



Don Mattingly
Donny Baseball sums it all up with these six. He was great until the body broke down. Love the mini!

There you have it, just a small sample of the awesomeness in this trade package. Thanks Mark, you really helped me boost up some of my player collections.

    The second part of this double header trade post is a package I got from Tim over at Tim's Baseball Cards. We hooked up on a set filler trade as I sent over a bunch of 2008 Topps Opening Day he needed and he helped me out with some of my 2010 needs.


Some needed inserts for the 2010 Topps set.
The Henderson is an original back and the AJ is a gold parallel. 


Some inserts and team needs from 2010 Topps Opening Day
Great picture on the Thole RC and who doesn't like Mr. Met


Some Opening Day Topps Attax

Love the shiny attax cards.

Thanks for helping me out Tim!

On a different note, I have one more spot left in the inaugural season of my fantasy football league Card Traders on the Gridiron. The details are HERE.

Don't forget to check out The Pack Rip Cafe today for a pack of classic wax, 1987 Topps.




Thanks for Reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers