Saturday, February 19, 2011

Loose Packs Continue the Group Break Plus the Beginning of the Documentary Box

  Hey all. The break continues today with a bunch of loose packs and then the beginning of the Upper Deck Documentary box.  First the loose packs. I have 2 videos, one baseball and one football with a couple of baseball. There was supposed to be a third video with more baseball in the middle but I somehow deleted it by mistake after all the cards were sorted and added to their respective team stacks so I can't even retake the video. I apologize for that but I will say the missing video was the least exciting of the three so the best cards from today will be seen and I do have pictures of any real special cards after the videos.




There you have it. A couple of surprise hits on the football side. Here are the best from the lot.




   Now I said earlier that I had the beginning of the 2008 Upper Deck Documentary box. I started to video that box and quite frankly, it was quite boring so what I have decided to do was open and sort all the box and I will show off a few teams each post so you can see all the cards from each team without having to watch a long and boring video. I also will not show the team that got the auto hit until last so you really do not want to see your team until last. I will tell you that none of my teams (Mets, Yankees, Marlins, Angels, or Brewers) got the auto so I won't bother showing those teams.

   Here are the first 3 teams, you can click on the pictures to get a bigger view.

Red Sox



  A's



Padres



   As you can see, the Padres are the only one of these first three teams to get any of the gold parallels with the "2008' on them. The way they put this box together, only a few (4 or 5 I think) teams got any of the gold parallels. Also you may notice that the Red Sox appear to have gotten 2 of the same cards but upon closer review they are from 2 different games and are 2 different card numbers so it's just a case of them using the same picture on different cards. I don't believe there were any duplicates in this box but there will be more examples of them using the same picture on different cards as we move along.

   Once again I apologize for the video mess up on my part.

That's all I have for now. Keep rockin those cardboard dreams people!

3 Comments:

Justin McLeod said...

The photo on one of those Blanton Docu. cards is the same photo the UD used on his 2008 base card.

Matt Pederson said...

Finally got me some Texans!

Community Gum said...

That Gwynn insert will be a great way to help jump start my collection. Sorry to be taking it away from you. The Padres may not have the UD Doc auto, but at least I got a Maddux gold out of it.
Congratulations on the Jets hit. With all the work you're putting into this, it's good to see you come away with one.
--Jon

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers