Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

This is a rerun of my post from last night for all who missed the Buffet's Christmas post. I did change the Mets picture at the bottom.

  Merry Christmas to everybody out in Blogoland from BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet. I have seen a few posts out there looking for Christmas themed baseball cards so I figured in honor of the big day I would show off a few that I have. These first two are die cuts from the 2000 Pacific set. I believe they are part of a 20 card insert set of "Ornaments" but I don't have much more info so if anybody can elaborate, feel free.  See Update at bottom

Mike Piazza

Roger Clemens
    I got these two in a trade a while back from Dennis over at Too Many Grandersons  and have saved them til now for this Christmas post. They look great and have both holographic and refractive qualities that work very well together.
    Next I have a Santa Claus set that Topps released back in 2007. The set features cards of Santa representing 16 different years of Topps designs along with a Santa relic and auto. I bought this back in 2009 and when I opened it the card #12 (1987) was missing. I kept forgetting about it and when I finally called Topps this past November (when I thought of this post) they actually had a replacement card and sent it out for me within a couple of days. I picked up one of those display frames at the craft store and it actually looks pretty good. (I will post about the cards that came in it at a later date)

All 18 cards

   I took closer pics of each row for a better look.



   Let's see who can name all 16 years. Sorry no prize on this one, just bragging rights.

   There is a prize HERE and a couple of days left to enter my latest contest. There are still a few numbers left and I still don't know the answer because I haven't checked which cards I need yet.

Once again, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you and your families. Enjoy.

Update:
Mark from Mark's Ephemera provided me a checklist of the Pacific Ornament cards.





Thanks for Reading!

1 Comment:

Yankeejetsfan said...

Nice ornament cards. I have the Jeter from that set, I think. It's in the shape of a stocking.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers