Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another One of my Other Collections, A Contest Plug, and Another Tidbit

     Hello again Buffet readers. Today I am back with another of my "other" collections besides my main focus of baseball. This installment shows off some of my Nascar cards. The only base cards I collect are of my favorite driver, Michael Waltrip and legend Richard Petty. I collect any Nascar driver, owner, or personality serial numbered , refractor, autos and race used cards. Here are a few of the highlights from the racing binder.

Michael Waltrip race used sheet metal and a Michael Waltrip race used car cover.

    One of the cool things about racing cards is the race used stuff can be a variety of things.



Mark Martin race used lug nut and Sterlimg Marlin race used shirt.

    Pretty cool, a lug nut card and a shirt card. Usually they go with firesuit swatches but the Marlin is actually the shirt worn under the firesuit. That card is great also because they have the shirt pictured on the back.


Kenny Wallace/ Jeff Burton race used tire and a Michael Waltrip auto (signed in person base card)

The Wallace/Burton is a front/back card. Both sides have a separate piece of tire from each driver. 

Ken Schrader auto and Kyle Petty auto

     Kyle Petty, along with his father Richard, have two of the coolest looking autographs I have ever seen. I have another in person auto of Kyle but unfortunately have not had the honor of getting a Richard Petty Auto or race used of any kind yet. 

    There's a peek at a few of the racing cards portion of my other collections.

    On another note, All About Cards is holding a fun contest over at his spot out in Blogoland so head on over and give your opinion on a few questions he has posed, but hurry cause time is running out soon.

    Check out the Pack Rip Cafe for some die-cut NFL goodness today.

And on to another tidbit from an e-mail a buddy sent me with some interesting origins of things.

    In the late 1700's, many houses consisted of a large room with only one chair. Commonly, a long wide board folded down from the wall, and was used for dining. The 'head of the household' always sat in the chair while everyone else ate sitting on the floor.. Occasionally a guest, who was usually a man, would be invited to sit in this chair during a meal. To sit in the chair meant you were important and in charge. They called the one sitting in the chair the 'chair man.' Today in business, we use the expression or title 'Chairman' or 'Chairman of the Board.'



Thanks for Reading!

5 Comments:

Captain Canuck said...

I love NASCAR too... I just got a Michael Waltrip on card auto.... looks sweet.

Dawgbones said...

Sweet Mikey stuff there Mike. Michael Waltrip is my favorite owner, now that he more or less does not drive (I've met him IP, hell of a nice guy), I now root for the "Franchise".

Kyle is another great IP person, he gets that from his father. I've not had the opportunity to meet him yet though.

Kenny Schrader is the source of my favorite post crash interview. After barrel rolling his car down the abck stretch like 7 or 8 times at Talledega, they stuff a microphone in his face, asking him if he thought they could get her fixed and back out there, he replies, "Good God, I hope NOT!!"

Good times, Nascar was my first love prior to discovering baseball last year.

Have a GReat day.

Spankee said...

I've never been in to Nascar, but always liked Ricky Rudd because he is from my hometown. Nascar cards always look nice though. When we were moving my wife out of her apartment I came across some old boxes of junk from her childhood including a baggie with some old Traks racing cards. As I flipped through I came across a Jeff Gordon RC. Very strange looking card, he's got a sweet mustache.

Charles @ Hoopography said...

I never really got into NASCAR, but there really aren't too many better looking cards in the hobby than the on-card auto'd 96-98 UD die cut auto'd cards:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JEFF-GORDON-1996-SPx-TRIBUTE-AUTO-CARD-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPH-/370458673642?pt=US_Racing_Cards&hash=item56410ec1ea

Fuji said...

Great post... and sweet cards. I was just going to post my Nascar PC... but I'm waiting on a few cards from COMC. That lug nut card is awesome... one of these days I'll add one to my PC.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers