Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Other" Card Collections, Looking for Some Help, and Another Tidbit

    Hello again Buffet readers. Today I pose a question about "other" collections. As evidenced on my two blogs, I am a baseball card collector with the emphasis on Mets, Yankees, Topps sets and a few player and oddball collections as well as some other stuff. However my card collecting has spilled into other areas so I thought I would ask, what other cards if any do you collect after your primary love. In my next few posts I will show some of the other stuff after baseball I enjoy collecting also.

    Today I have some stuff from my largest non-baseball collections, football. I don't collect football sets but I am a Jets, Saints, and Giants team collector. Any cards from these teams work into my collections.
    Here are just a few of my favorites.

Jets Game Used
Martin, Sanchez, Klecko, Namath/Maynard


 Saints Game Used
McAllister, Colston, Brees, Brooks


Giants Game Used
Taylor, Manning, Simms, Strahan



Some Serial Numbered


  I also collect game used, autos, sn'd, and refractors of other players from other teams. Here are a few legends.
Tom Jackson, Allen Paige, Len Dawson, Jim Kelly.


    Next up are some game used I like based on the card more then the players.
Garrett Wolf Patch/Ball/Jersey/Auto
Jamal Charles Jersey/fake stamp
Jake Plummer Astro Turf (from Veterans Stadium in Philly)
Jimmy Clausen Patch


 Some legends sn'd.
Largent, Payton, Karras, Campbell.

    There are just a few from the football collection. Stay tuned for some of my other collections in the coming posts.


    Next up, I am looking for some help with a collecting goal. 2007 Generation Now David Wright 40 Doubles insert sub set. Here is what they look like.
    I have a list on my sidebar of what I still need so lets make a trade. I do have some of the other players from the Generation Now insert set or I am sure I can find something for you.

     Don't forget to check out the Pack Rip Cafe for the next installment.

Finally another tidbit of interesting information.

   As incredible as it sounds, men and women took baths only twice a year (May and October) Women kept their hair covered, while men shaved their heads (because of lice and bugs) and wore wigs. Wealthy men could afford good wigs made from wool. They couldn't wash the wigs, so to clean them they would carve out a loaf of bread, put the wig in the shell, and bake it for 30 minutes. The heat would make the wig big and fluffy, hence the term 'big wig.' Today we often use the term 'here comes the Big Wig' because someone appears to be or is powerful and wealthy.

Think about that next time you put some bread in the oven.



Thanks for Reading!

2 Comments:

flywheels said...

Being a comic fan I still like the old comic sets. Who knew they were getting hard to find and expensive nowadays! I also collect wrestling cards and Garbage Pail Kids.

Fuji said...

Dude... you and I are competing to see who has the most PC's... I love the fact that your "buffet" has tons of options.

My personal PC fave's include my sports card bust PC & my Kenner Starting Line-up card PC.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers