Friday, April 30, 2010

I Want This Guy On My Team!!!

Hey again Buffet readers. I Want This Guy On My Team!!!


Miguel Olivio (Rockies)

        Miguel Olivio passed a kidney stone during the eighth inning of Monday nights game against the D-Backs. That has to be quite painful but what does he do next? He puts his catchers gear back on and finishes the game. WHAT! This guy rocks! While I am happy with the Mets catchers this season, I wish this guy was on my team at any position. That is dedication. Olivio said he has had stones before and once the pass he feels ok. I have heard the pain associated with passing kidney stones is compared to child birth. I have done neither nor do I wish to!
         On top of this standout effort, Olivio is off to a great start to the season with his new team. Through 22 Rockies games in which he played in 14, he is batting .314 with 5 homers and 13 RBI's. This guy should be on Night Owl's Bad Ass list with out a doubt! 


Don't forget about my contest and please post about it so we can get more entries.



                                                               

Thanks for Reading!
     

1 Comment:

Offy said...

As someone who has both played catcher and passed kidney stones, I'm amazed he was able to squat for eight innings before passing the stones.

I'd have to guess that the pain is worse than childbirth. Women's bodies are designed for that and little babies aren't covered in sharp, jagged edges.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers