Monday, May 31, 2010

100th Post So Let's Make it a Contest!

   Welcome again Buffet readers. This will be my 100th post so why not do a little contest. I have been so happy to have been welcomed so warmly into the blogoland community over the course of the last four months and the first hundred posts here at BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet. I have learned so much and made many new friends that enjoy the same passion as I do for a great hobby. The page has scored over 5000 hits and 50 followers which far exceeds what I expected in such a short time. I hope those numbers continue to grow as I move ahead with this little adventure and I try to improve the quality of the blog. I thank all those who stop by the Buffet and hopefully like what I am doing here and continue to come back.
     I still have some Strat-O-Matic computer games so I am holding a contest here to give another one away and as usual you tell me your favorite baseball or football team and I will throw in some cards for you also. All you have to do is leave a comment on one of the following subjects and I will random off a winner from the list of all the comments.
  • What do you like about my blog and want to see more of?
  • What  one of the "gems" of your collection and why do you love it so much?
  • Who will win the World Series and who will they beat?
  • If you have a blog with over 100 posts what has changed since you started posting through now to improve your blog.
 I will also give an extra entry if you are a follower, new or old,  and another extra entry if you post a link on your blog to this contest. Just to add a little more fun I will give yet another extra entry to any of my first 50 followers who refer me a new follower. All somebody has to do is become a new follower and mention your name in their post and you will get a bonus entry into the randomization. Spread the word and lets get lots of entries.

Here is a flashback of the first card I got from another blogger since starting BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet Blog. If you can name the senders blog I will throw in yet another bonus entry into the contest.  
David Wright 2009 Ultimate Collection #35  Sn'd 135/599

That make 5 possible entries for my first 50 followers and 4 possible entries for everybody else. The contest will end Thursday around 6 o'clock NY time.

Good luck to all entrants and remember to spread the word.

Let' Go Mets!


Check out their link on the top of my sidebar.

Thanks For Reading!

13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you like about my blog and want to see more of?
- it's a baseball blog, what's not to like?! Okay, more Twins cards ;)
What one of the "gems" of your collection and why do you love it so much?
- Rod Carew rookie card; he was my favorite player growing up
Who will win the World Series and who will they beat?
- Twins, obviously, and I'll say they beat the Cardinals just because I live in StL area
If you have a blog with over 100 posts what has changed since you started posting through now to improve your blog.
- my blog is <100 (and not strictly baseball cards), but to improve I need to post more often. I don't know how you guys do it. Also, it'd be nice if Wordpress played better with Blogger.

link is now here: http://mmmrhubarb.wordpress.com/baseball-cards/

BA Benny said...

Wow, you answered all the questions. I only needed one but answering all of them is cool too. Thanks and you have 3 entries.

SpastikMooss said...

What's one of the "gems" of your collection and why do you love it so much?
My 1973 Topps Cey/Hilton/Schmidt Top Prospects card is probably the prize of my collection, and I bought it once upon a time for 25 cents at a card show. I love it because it showed me that you can truly find gems anywhere you look!

I posted about your contest on my blog! - http://greatsportsnamehalloffame.blogspot.com/2010/05/contest-over-at-ba-bennys-baseball-card.html

And I know who you got the Wright from, but since I got stuff last contest I'm not going to say to give someone else an opportunity for entries!

CamHartman said...

Hey BA Benny. Congrats on 100 posts. Hopefully I make it that far... Anyways...
What do you like about my blog and want to see more of?
I like that you showcase other blogs contests, and other things like that. I would love to see you do posts each time a set comes out of the contents of your pack.
Link over at collectablecards.yolasite.com in the card blog.
Also, the blog that gave you that card was Cobb and Halladay.
Congratz!

Joe said...

Congrats on your 100th post.

I'll take the easy question, I think this year the Yankees will beat the Phillies again this year.

TJ said...

100 Posts! That's awesome. I'm a new reader to your blog, so you'll probably see my name start to pop up in your comments.

My "gems" are constantly changing. Usually my favorite card of the month is displayed right here next to my computer and right now it's my 1987 Bo Jackson Topps Future Stars cards. No, really. Hey! Quit laughing! So what if my favorite card is an 87 Topps! It's the card that got me into collecting when I was a kid and I love it.

Matthew Glidden said...

100 posts is a great milestone, congrats!

What one of the "gems" of your collection and why do you love it so much?
- Last year, I picked up a card (in decent shape, too) from 1886! It's the earliest #5 listed in a catalog. (That's significant to my blog, since it's dedicated to #5 cards.)

Who will win the World Series and who will they beat?
- I'll say the Rays beat the Reds in the "Alphabetical Order Series!"

If you have a blog with over 100 posts what has changed since you started posting through now to improve your blog.
- At the start of my type collection, I posted medium-grade card scans, trivia about the pictured player, and some random thoughts. Almost 300 posts in now, I've switched to high-quality scans and more content structure. I added estimated card values and tips to detecting fakes, since people often ask what their own cards are worth and don't want to get ripped off.

Play at the Plate said...

Benny, congrats on getting to a 100 posts! I have one of those games so don't put me in the contest, I just wanted congratulate you!

Collective Troll said...

BA Benny! Congrats on post #100! You have a great blog and I wish you many more! I don't want to enter the contest, but I did want to say congrats! I like reading about other teams from a fans point of view, so that is my favorite part of your blog. The changes I have made over the last 500 or so posts are I have made my posts much shorter with bigger pictures. I also post more about cards and less about sports talk and opinion. Posting can be a lot of work, it has to be a labor of love. As long as you are having fun with it, we will all keep on reading. The gems of my collection? Pretty much everything... Every last card in each of my PCs plus all the sets I am chasing, they are ALL gems to me. Good luck and congrats! Keep on writing and keep on trading! Cheers!

Anthony K. said...

Benny, congrats on 100 posts.

Ironically enough, my last post on my blog was number 100 as well, so the post about your contest will be #101 for me ;)

I will answer a few of the questions:

The "gem" in my collection is actually incoming, but it is a Sweet Spot bat auto of Ken Griffey Jr. Always wanted a Jr auto, so I was glad to pick it up for a decent price on eBay.

The two teams in the World Series: Rays and Padres, with Rays winning in 5.

As for what has changed on my blog, not much. I still talk about baseball cards, my collection and other websites, but I want to bring more to the blog. I know I could blog more often, highlight other blogs more often plus maybe bring a little more of the world outside baseball into things.

Also: http://balkfour.blogspot.com/2010/05/100th-post-contest.html

Here's to 100 more!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'll answer two questions, just because.

One of the gems of my collection is a BJ Upton 1/1 bat barrel auto from 2009 Sweet Spot. I pulled it from a single pack I'd purchased (after watching someone else rip five or six in my shop just to find a sweet spot auto). It was my first 1/1.

Having a blog of my own has made me appreciate my cards so much more! I mostly blog about observations of cards I've had for years, so I enjoy digging through long forgotten boxes of commons in search of hidden gems. I don't spend a ton on new stuff, so when I do I have fun searching for oddball stuff instead of boxes of the lastest hot product. No Allen & Ginter box breaks on my site!

tchummer said...

Who will win the World Series and who will they beat? I think it will be the Reds and The Yankees and the yankees win it

My favorite baseball team is the Reds

BA Benny said...

Contest Over. Winner TBA soon.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers