Friday, July 15, 2011

Joy Of A Completed....Name! and A Contest Plug.

Hey all. Almost the end of a very busy work week (got called in to work tomorrow again) and I have a "Joy of a Completed" post to share with you all. I have a completed name I have been working on for a while. I am fairly cheap when I shop for singles on e-bay, COMC, the LCS, etc. so this took some time but I finally got the last letter of the 2009 Topps Finest letter patch autos for Bobby Parnell.


   Oops, I cut the last "L" off but it's really there.

     That's better. These manu letter patches are serial numbered to 170 and he did a nice job with the signatures on fairly thin letters. The "R" was most elusive and last letter I needed and it finally came a couple of weeks ago courtesy of an e-bay auction that stayed in my price range. The timing is great as Mr. Parnell has a real chance to become the Mets closer since the trading of K-Rod to the Brewers for a couple of unknown players to be named later. Terry Collins says he will determine his ninth inning pitcher by the situation but we all know that the hot hand will get the job after a couple of weeks go by and somebody stands out. Bobby can throw gas so if his control holds up he has an excellent chance to secure the closer role.

     I also grabbed this sweet looking blue refractor /25 along the way. My next letter project may be the John Niese letters from 2009 Finest and Josh Thole letters from 2010 Finest as I have a couple from each already so if anybody has any let me know.

   On the contest front, go on over to Plaschke Thy Sweater Is Argyle and jump on in his first contest before it's too late. He has a great blog from out west and is an awesome trader so you can't lose.

   That's all for now. Keep rockin your cardboard dreams people!


Thanks for Reading!

2 Comments:

(...Joe) said...

OoOoOOoOoo that refrac is pretty! I received a Neise letter last year in a trade and have been saying I'll complete the name ever since.

the sewingmachineguy said...

Cool set man. Nice work.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers