Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Held A Contest Ended Up Getting Cards! plus A Cool LCS Pick Up.

 Hello all. In the pile of trade packages I am beating down, I can see some wood on the desk now, there is a package from the ever popular Night Owl of the legendary blog Night Owl Cards. Funny thing is that we never set up a trade but as he does sometimes, Greg just sent some stuff my way for the sake of being generous. A note included mentioned thanks for the cards he won in my blog birthday contest and in turn he sent me a way cooler package then the cards he won. You rock Greg! Another great part about a Night Owl package is the variety. He hit several of my collecting zones which makes for a fun package. Here are just some of the highlights.


    Starts off with the two main parts of my collection, some Mets........

 .....and Yankees. A nice mix for both teams.

     Next up some team cards.
This should cover all the 2006 team cards I needed.

    Some NFL action followed.
   Right on the money, Saints, Jets, and Giants.

  This guy really pays attention.
   The only two Nascar drivers I collect base cards of, The King and Michael Waltrip. I do collect all drivers relics, sn'd, and refractors. Then I thought it was a cruel joke adding in a Braves card (at least a great player though) but then I noticed the background. That's right, an American flag. The Orel Hershiser card is sweet also. It's hard to tell by the picture but his glasses react differently then the rest of the chrome like Pristine card i9n the light. It almost looks like the glasses part only are a refractor, very spooky looking but very cool at the same time. The picture really doesn't show it but trust me. Thanks a whole bunch Night Owl! It's always a pleasure when I see the Watertown, NY return address on a mailer. It's funny, same state yet so far away.



   Next up, I want to show off a score from one of the LCS's I frequent. Today the sun was shining on me (even though it was raining here in NYC) as I found out I won a small NCAA Tournament pool the gang at work threw together and even though I didn't have either of the final two teams, my choice of Kentucky making the final four was enough to score me enough point to win. With that little windfall in my pocket I get my work print for the day and low and behold the cable removal I have to do is actually literally across the street from one of my two favorite local card shops. Lunch hour hit and in I went. I found some great scores today as I went into some different boxes then usual but that's a post for another time. (I had some luck for you also Dennis). The biggest score of the day was this beauty....................
.
.
.
.
 
2005 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Marks of Fame Gary Carter
Game Used Glove, Jersey Prime, Pants sn'd 15/15
  
  This is a super sweet card and the owner gave me a nice deal on it since I am a regular and we always have good conversations about the hobby or life in general. The jersey prime piece is from the patch part of either the stripe down the side or on the shoulder. My favorite part has to be the glove piece. Look at the condition it's in.
    That's what game used should look like, beat up, dirty, and used well. You can't see it but there is even a piece of leather fraying off and sticking out of the card. The serial number is even cool, 15 is my daughters regular softball number since she was 8 years old. I wanted 31 but it wasn't available so I went to my next favorite NY catcher of all time and she kept it for all these years.

  It was a good day for me, I hope tomorrow is just as good.

Don't forget to check out The Pack Rip Cafe as we go back 20 years today.

That's all I have for today. Keep rockin those cardboard dreams people!





Thanks for Reading!


1 Comment:

night owl said...

Great Carter card!

I did wonder what you'd think of the Smoltz card. Figure I'd let you decide.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers