Sunday, March 27, 2011

Trade Post- Mom Always Told Me To Wear A Sweater! Some Plugs and I Need Some Lists.

   Hello all. Today I begin to catch up on trade posts that I have been holding off while doing the break. I will begin with a great trade with Greg of Plaschke Thy Sweater Is Argyle. He had a couple of cards on his Trade Bait page that interested me and he liked a 2008 Razor Josh Linblom auto /5 that I had and from there things expanded into a fantastic trade.

 This is a small taste of the great Mets and Yankees he sent over.



    He also sent a bunch of odd sized cards of players I collect. The Puckett is a framed SuperSlam card that opens like an easel to stand up. I never saw one of those before.Not one of the cards in this picture are of the standard size.



    He even hit some cards from the three NFL teams I collect. Here are some of them.



And the cards that started it all.

    The Soriano and Giambi of course caught my eye. He then mentioned he had a nice Lundqvist dual jersey /150 that I may like. While I don't do a lot of hockey in my collection and the Islanders are my favorite team (with the Rangers being second), that card is certainly a keeper so I said sure. The McFadden is a patch /25 that I liked as well. This is more of a case of liking the card more then the player plus I have the regular jersey card from this set so this parallel will fit in well.
    There you have it, a great trade with a great trader and cool blogger that I will definitely trade with again. Thanks Greg!

Next I want to plug a couple of things out in Blogoland. First is a contest over at It's like having my own Card Shop where you guess a number and can win a jersey card so check it out. I also suggest you head on over to The Daily Dimwit where he is hosting a group break with 2 boxes of 2011 Gypsy Queen and if we can fill all the spots he will add a box of something else as a thanks so get on in as it's only $12 a team and there are good teams left.

  On another note, I still need lists and votes on how to set the draft list from some people from the break. (Details here)
Skoormit - D-Backs
Derek - Braves
Jon - White Sox and Padres
Baseball Dad - Indians
NY Hitman 23 - Giants
Jonathan RGB - Mariners
Tunguska - Blue Jays


   That's all I have for now. Keep rockin your cardboard dreams!


Thanks for Reading!

2 Comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Glad you liked the cards! I'll have a recap on my end up this week.

LongFlyBall said...

Forgot to do my list last night, it will be the ONLY thing I do tonight until finished.

I promise!!

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers