Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's Missing From THis Card?

Hey all. I recieved this card a while back and forgot about it until it popped out of a box I was looking through for someting else. I can't put my finger on it but I think it's missing something.

2001 Topps Finest Chad Durham auto
A very nice looking card but what's missing?  Lets take a closer look.



  1. Nice looking photo of player. Check

  2. Player's name and team logo. Check

  3. Certified Autograph logo. Check

  4. "Authentic Autograph" description. Check

  5. Topps Finest logo. Check

  1. Nice little write up about player. Check

  2. Card number. Check

  3. Card Description again. Check

  4. Official Hologram sticker with number. Check
Now I see it, or don't see it actually. The autograph is missing. I guess the Topps quality control person must have been out to lunch or grabbing a smoke when this card came accross to be packaged.  these are on card autos too so I wonder if Chad missed it as well or if he never even saw the card to sign it. Has anyone seen a "non auto" auto card before? here is what it is supposed to look like.







Thanks for Reading!

4 Comments:

BigD said...

maybe he signed in lemon juice and you have to hold it over a candle or something!

Offy said...

I pulled a stickerless card out of 2007 Upper Deck Future Stars. One day that box break will get posted.

Field of Cards said...

Ha! That's a shame. I guess the bright side is Chad Durham never made it above AA so it won't cost much to get an actual auto.

PunkRockPaint said...

I had to search for a while, but I found mine: http://punkrockpaint.blogspot.com/2009/02/read-things-done-to-cards-post-before.html

A 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game Willie Randolph "Notographed" card... Boooo!

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers