Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Some Contest Winnings, Some More COMC Scores, and Some Plugs

    Hello all. Things have been super busy as of late here around The Buffet so I haven't had much time for posts as of late. I have been able to read and comment on some blogs with a computer at work (Shhh, don't tell anybody). I have a little bit of time before I do some prep work for the big feast we're serving up tomorrow so here are some cards I have acquired recently.
    First are some football cards I won in a contest over at All About Cards involving random acts of kindness. The prize was 3 packs of football cards. 1 pack of 2010 Panini Threads Football Cards, 1 pack of 2010 Panini Rookies & Stars Football Cards, and 1 pack of 2010 Panini Epix Football Cards.. He did the pack breaks over on his blog so check them out here. All three releases look great and I feel like they all made improvements from last year.  Here are some of my favorites.


      Three from the teams I collect, Jets, Saints, and Giants. Funny how they came one from each different pack.


     The McNabb is the only insert I got, Johnson in cool throwback uni and during a snow storm, Mason is just a great veteran who has quietly had a hell of a career.


      The Walker is a cool photo in front of the Chiefs bench, Carlson in some interesting color jersey, Gates has been a fantasy stud for me this season until he got hurt 2 games ago. I need him back for playoffs in a few weeks.
  
   A fun contest with a nice prize.

   Next I have some more cards from my last COMC purchase.
   
Some Mike Piazza cards I needed. I have to check but I think it's only the third Marlins Piazza I have.


 Some random Mets. The Murphy is the Target retro thing. Anybody have any of the Ginter States New York for my NY cards collection?


  A few Yankee Stadiums and a patriotic Bernie.


    A few more for the Mantle pages. The two 2006 MMxxxx inserts (bottom left and middle) brings me to six. I only need #'s MM1997, 1998, 2000, and 2004 to complete the 10 card insert set. The chrome Trading Card History (bottom right) is one of my favorites too.
   Next time up is the Sn'd card scores.

   On a freebie note, Colbey over at Cardboard Collections  is giving away free cards, just help him out with a few bucks for shipping and some freebies will show up in your mailbox. Check it out here to see what teams he has left.

    Go over here and see how to  vote for The Dimwit so he can win something, rule a small country, become a Idol contestant, or something he need help with. He's a cool dude so help him out.

    We all know how much leftover turkey will be in the fridge after tomorrow so go here for an idea of what to make with it. She has a bunch of other great and healthy recipes there too.

    The Pack Rip Cafe has some rack pack action today and all I will say is it's a hit so go on in and have a look.

    On a different note, I know I have several trades out there working where I have to get back to some of you great traders. Like I said before, I have been crazy busy around here and at work so time has been limited. I thank you for your patience and I should (hopefully) have time this weekend to pull some cards and send you offers. For those who we have completed trades, I sent out some packages today so keep an eye on the mailbox.

   That's all I got for now.



Thanks for Reading!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers