Friday, January 7, 2011

A Trade Spurned From a Poem and the Last of a COMC Score.

    Hey again all. Today I show off some cards from two different acquisitions. I finally have the last part of my COMC score from a couple of months back but first I have some trade booty from Steve over at White Sox Cards. It's funny that his was one of the first blogs I discovered when I started BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet back in February of last year and I just now completed a trade with him. It started when he posted about a Nick Swisher Yankee relic card he got in the form of a poem. After reading it I commented with a much lamer poem and the trade was on. A Jermaine Dye bat card along with some other White Sox stuff escaped New York just before the blizzard hit last weekend and in return these superb cards showed up in my mailbox today.

  The card that started it.

2010 Topps Peak Performance jersey relic

   Then a nice variety of surprise cards from several eras.

    And my favorite of the surprise cards....
Hisanori Takahashi Orange Refractor RC

  Thanks for a fun trade Steve, keep the poems coming.

   Now the end of a Check Out My Cards score from a couple of months back, the game used scores.

   Three new Piazza relics. This brings my total over 110 Mike Piazza relic cards and over 95 are Mets.


    A Doc Gooden and a couple Kaz Matsui's. While Matsui's time here was a bust, they made a load of game used cards for his time with the Mets and they are usually quite cheap so I have ended up with a bunch of them.


   My Dontrelle gu collection grows by three with these.



   And a Curtis Martin with a double dose of  Deuce McCallister jerseys. I actually forgot that I already had the Martin so if anybody needs it, shoot me an offer.

   There it is, the end of a great COMC package and just in time since I just got a another one this week.

   Check out The Pack Rip Cafe for some rookie and prospect fun with a rack pack of 2010 Bowman.
That's all I have for now. Keep rockin your cardboard dreams people!






Thanks for Reading!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Benny,

Can you send me a couple of pic of the Dontrelle willis cards ou have?? Cause i think we could help each other out big time.

Dawgbones said...

Some fairly neat cards. But thanks for the link to the original story. the poem was great, and your reply was off the hook!

Offy said...

Wow,

I don't have nearly that many Piazza relic cards. I tend to get overloaded with relic cards after a while and started just picking up ones with great designs or something different than everything else. Hope you got the chance to check out the Piazza post that I put up on the blog in November.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers