Friday, January 21, 2011

I Invested and was Rewarded, Contest Plugs, I Picked Up Some Coin, and Another Peek

  Hey again Buffet readers. I have a few things on the menu today so let's get to it.
 
  A couple of weeks ago while reading one of the many great blogs out there (I forget which one) a post directed me to another blog I hadn't known about and I found The Card Investor . I invested some time reading and was just in time to participate in his great card set give away. I, like most of us, love freebies so this was great. I was given these.

2008 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects

    This is great as it is a set I would never try to put together so it is awesome to get the whole thing in one shot.



  Here are the only Mets and Yankees in the set but I am glad to have the whole set. Thanks Sanders, you have a great blog and I'm glad to have found it.


  Next I have a few cards (and some coin) I scored at my LCS while picking up some other stuff. They were on the bottom shelf of a display case hiding in the corner.

1997 Pinnacle Mint Cal Ripken Jr, Mike Piazza, and Tony Gwynn.

  I have a couple of these but not these players and none of the coins. Three great players that I collect and all with their respective coins. 

 When I first saw these years ago I thought a card with a giant hole in it was silly looking but now with the coin in place I must say pretty cool.


    All the coin backs are the same.


   They actually resemble the players pretty well too so this is a pretty good score to me. I may have to try and find some more of these.

   There seems to be a bunch of contest going on around Blogoland lately and today is no different. First head on over to Community Gum for their latest of many contests, a shot at a box of 2010 Panini Century. You guess what they pulled and you can win. After that you can go to Colbey's spot Cardboard Collections and be rewarded for his getting extra Tebow RC's. He wanted one and got five so he's spreading the wealth. Also if you hurry (today's the last day) Cam of The Bullpen Cardboard has some junk wax era packs and if you can guess what's in them you can win a prize. That should keep you busy for a bit but when your done you can jump into another one of Too Many Granderson's Razor Letterman group breaks. I was in his last one and it was great. (Post of my loot coming in the next couple of days) 5 guaranteed letter patch autos is quite the score if you ask me. You won't be disappointed.


Finally I leave you with another peek at something fun happening soon here on BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet.


Stay Tuned!




Thanks for Reading!


2 Comments:

The Card Investor said...

No problem Mike. Glad you liked the giveaway.
I remember Pinnacle Mint and thought that it was a decent concept. One of the problems however was that the coins would damage the card if you tried to fit them together.

Fuji said...

The Card Investor's giveaway was pretty sweet... and definitely generous. I received the 2008 Bowman Draft set and was thrilled. By the way... thanks for sharing those Pinnacle Mint cards/coins. I loved those back in the day. That Gwynn coin is awesome!

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers