Monday, January 10, 2011

Card(s) Of The Day

    Hey all. Today I bring back the "Card of the Day" post. It's been a while and I found this while looking for something so I figured why not. This card of the day is actually 9 cards in one sheet so does that make it one big card?
Farmland Dairy's NY Mets
Darryl Strawberry, Howard Johnson, Sid Fernandez, Keith Hernandez, Dwight Gooden, Kevin Elster, Randy Meyers, Gary Carter, and Roger McDowell

   Nine Stars from the 88 team. Below are closer pictures of each row of cards. You can see the perforations where the cards are to be separated.


   The backs are standard fare with player info, 87 stats for each player along with a list of 87 highlights pertaining to the player as well. There are also 2 logos, a Mets Jr. logo and a Farmland Dairy logo.


   Here's a closer look at a couple of the backs.
  I picked a couple of these up at the "other" card shop I go to once in awhile when I am working in the area. I will keep one whole and separate the other to add the cards to the Mets player collections. I know that they also made these in 87 and 89 but have yet to see them.
   Check out The Pack Rip Cafe where I try to unearth some hidden treasures. Go see if I had any luck.




Thanks for Reading!

3 Comments:

Dawgbones said...

Maybe it's a card "Quilt"? So what were you looking for when you found this?

TheBrooklynMet said...

I have some of those, but mine are no longer in a single sheet.

TheBrooklynMet said...

Actually, I just checked I have the same nine that you do, and I also have nine from the following year.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers