Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some More of My "Other" Stuff, COMC Scores Pt. 4, Another Tidbit, and My Contest Reminder.

   Hello again all. Today I continue a couple of things I have been posting about recently. First up I return to the "other" card stuff I collect besides my main love of baseball cards. Today I show the hockey portion but don't blink because you may miss it. As you will see, I don't have much. I am an Islanders fan so there hasn't been much interest in that team in many years. I loved the dynasty teams from the late 70's and early 80's.

First up is the game used and auto cards.


   A dozen. My favorite is the Mike Bossy used boards card. Most were gotten as cheap free shipping add ons to e-bay purchases.
 
   Sn'd are next.
    An even 8. the top two are non Islanders but are sn'd and die cut. I tried to trade them on SCF some time back but got no bites. They look cool so in the binder they went.

    The following is an O-Pee-Chee 90-91 Islanders team set.

   I've had these for quite some time, I think its a complete but I never bothered to check.

  Finally a tip from a repair job I had way back when I worked for a coin-op video game company.
    Back in the day I worked in the vending business and would do service calls. I had a job in a card shop where he has some video games so when I finished the repair and the owner paid me he let me pick from a few things he had on the side as a tip for a job well done. I remember there was no baseball in the pile so I picked this 91-92 Upper Deck subset of NHL Heroes. I saw the Bobby Nystrom so I figured why not.

     There it is, my entire hockey collection. I may have a card or two mixed in some boxes somewhere but that's it.

   Now continuing with a COMC purchase from several months back here is part 4, the rest of the serial numbered cards.

A Yankees team gold from 2003 and some Dontrelles. The 07 white refractor is /660 and the three 08 UD Baseball Heroes are /499, /299, and /249. Yes this is the beginning of an attempt to get the rainbow so if anybody wants to help, let me know.




   Three 2008 Donruss Threads parallels of Kellen Clemens, /50, /250, /350. The Boomer Esiason is /1000. Boomer is the only football player I player collect. Ever since he started doing morning radio here in New York City on WFAN I have become a big fan and decided to collect him from all teams he played for.
    That will do it for the sn'd cards so I have one more installment left with the game used cards.

  A couple of reminders now. Don't forget to get into my latest contest HERE, it's not a huge prize but fun anyway.  Also don't forget to hop over to the Pack Rip Cafe for some pack ripping fun. Today is an import from the great white north.

  Finally I leave you with another tidbit.
    Early politicians required feedback from the public to determine what the people considered important. Since there were no telephones, TV's or radios, the politicians sent their assistants to local taverns, pubs, and bars.. They were told to 'go sip some ale' and listen to people's conversations and political concerns. Many assistants were dispatched at different times. 'You go sip here' and 'You go sip there.' The two words 'go sip' were eventually combined when referring to the local opinion and, thus we have the term 'gossip.'




Thanks for Reading!

2 Comments:

SpastikMooss said...

I'll race you on UD Heroes sets, Dontrelle vs. Rich Hill!

Anonymous said...

Kellen Clemens i have a couple of his auto cards wanna trade??

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers