Thursday, September 9, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football !?!

    Hello all. Tonight is opening Night of the 2010 NFL football season and I am way excited. With the Mets basically finished I have been looking forward to football for a while now. I have drafted 5 fantasy football teams (Two for fun, two for card related prizes, and one for a serious cash prize) and I am chomping at the bit for some real football action. (Preseason sucks!) As you may , or may not know, I have two favorite teams. The Jets are my lifelong team and the Saints have been a favorite for about 25 years. The strange part is that for the most part both teams have stunk for as long as I can remember (I was less then one year old when the Jets won their only Superbowl) and now the Saints are defending champions while the Jets have a realistic chance to get there this season. I was a little worried that they would meet last year in the big game and I wouldn't know who to root for and I guess there is a chance for that this year. also root for the Giants being a good New Yorker and all. I also married into a die hard Giants family so I really have no choice any more. (unless they are playing the Jets or Saints that is) That also sums up my football collecting focus. I collect anything Saints, Jets, and Giants while I will also some other players game used, autos, and serial numbered cards. Here are some cards from my collection to water your appetite for some football.

  Most of the pictures came a little blurry and I don't know why but I am too tired to retake them, sorry about that.

NO Saints: Drew Brees, Deuce McAllister, Marques Colston, Aaron Brooks

NY Jets: Mark Sanchez, Chad Pennington, Joe Klecko, Curtis Martin
NY Giants: Eli Manning, Michael Strahan, Phil Simms, Steve Smith


Stars From The Past: Sonny Jurgenson, Len Dawson, Allen Page, Tom Jackson

Current Stars: Carson Palmer, Frank Gore, Reggie Wayne, Adrien Peterson
Stars From The More Recent Past: Jim Plunkett, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Junior Seau

I also have done my first football pack over on BA Benny's Pack Rip Cafe.


 I leave you with one question.
 Are you ready for some football!!!!






Thanks for Reading!

3 Comments:

flywheels said...

Here's hope the Panthers can improve on last year's 8 & 8 record!

Anonymous said...

Loving the game so far. Never a dull moment.

Anonymous said...

You better bring your A-game to the "Card Collectors on the Gridiron" league. With the baseball Cardinals late-season slide, I'm ready for some football (not that the Rams are going to make me happy either). Congratulations on the Saints being the only undefeated team in the NFL! LOL

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers