Sunday, November 28, 2010

Some more COMC Scores and An Interesting Non-Sports Tidbit

     Hello all. Back with some more of the Check Out My Cards score. This group of cards are the NY Mets Sn'd portion of the purchase.

    First up, some David Wrights.

Five from the 2008 Moments and Milestones. Four /150 and a blue /10. I still can't figure out how they number these cards and how many are in the set but if it's a Wright sn'd, I want it.

    Three more David Wrights. 08Unique red /1199, 08 Heroes green /499, and 07 Moments & Milestones /150. The Unique cards look great and I really love the Heroes parallels.


Next a couple of Hidalgo and an Escobar.
    Richard Hidalgo 04 Leaf Limited /749, and 04 Topps Traded Gold /2004. Alex Escobar 99 Donruss /181. These look much better then the pictures show. I love the Escobar since the serial number is stamped in the same blue foil used on the front of the card and not the standard gold or silver.


Piazza, Gooden, and the team are next.
Mike Piazza 05 Fleer National Pastime /2004, Dwight Gooden 2002 Topps Super Teams /1986, Mets 2010 Topps gold /2010, Mets team 02 Topps gold. The Gooden has that refractor look on a cardboard based card.  
    There you have some Mets goodies with numbers stamped on them.

     On a completely unrelated tangent, I got an e-mail from a family member with some pretty cool tidbits on where some sayings originated and I figure I will share some of them at the end of my next few posts. First up......................................
     In George Washington's days, there were no cameras. One's image was either sculpted or painted. Some paintings of George Washington showed him standing behind a desk with one arm behind his back while others showed both legs and both arms. Prices charged by painters were not based on how many people were to be painted, but by how many limbs were to be painted. Arms and legs are 'limbs,' therefore painting them would cost the buyer more.. Hence the expression, 'Okay, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.' (Artists know hands and arms are more difficult to paint)

Interesting stuff.

   Don't forget to check out The Pack Rip Cafe for today's pack.



Thanks for Reading!

2 Comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Nice PC pickups Benny! I guess I'd have to painting with a torso only...now that would look funny.

longlivethewho said...

I'm liking the tidbits... I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Looking forward to more of them.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers