Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Card Of The Day Silver Platter Edition

Hey all, back today with a quick card post. I got this gem from a fellow trader on a trade post site (SCF) I used to use a lot but don't use much any more. It is a good group of traders and I have gotten some great cards in the past but there is too much emphasis on book value and it is just straight text posts on wants and needs. I enjoy the whole blog community atmosphere much better and only occasionally check the boards now. A good trader I have had several trades in the past contacted me about interest in a Brian Giles jersey card I had and offered me this beauty.

2004 Fleer Greats Forever Mets
Ray Knight GU Jersey sn'd 109/149

I couldn't refuse so the trade was on. A great jersey card and my first Ray Knight game used card.


Thanks for Reading!

4 Comments:

TJ said...

Nice card. I've slowed down on checking out the trades on the boards, too. Like you said, too much emphasis on book value. It kind of takes away some of the fun in trading.

Fuji said...

As Obi-Wan once said... Now that's a name I've not heard in a long... long time. I liked Ray Knight as a kid... nice trade.

TheBrooklynMet said...

Very nice pick up.

SportsCardGirl said...

That's one great trade!! ;)

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers