Friday, July 9, 2010

2008 Upper Deck Heroes Box Break

    Hello all. Today I have a box break to share with you here at BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet. I have been looking to do a box of 2008 UD Baseball Heroes for a while now and when I came across this box at a card shop (not my usual shop) I had to pull the trigger.

    When this set was released I didn't really find it all that enticing but over time it has grown on me. The parallel cards really look nice to me and after some research the checklist is much better then I expected so my opinion changed to the point of wanting to do a box and chase the base set with some help from you fellow bloggers. (more on that later) Check out the videos and I have put up pictures of the hits and parallels below with the box breakdown. On the video I stated that I got an extra hit but I was actually mistaken. When I read the box more closely afterwards I see it said "3 memorabilia cards per box" which I thought included an auto but on a different part of the box it said "1 auto per box" so 4 hits per box is the norm, not 3 like I said in the videos. Sorry for the mistake.





BOX BREAKDOWN
24 packs / 8 cards per pack = 192 cards (This box yielded 194 cards by my count)
141of 200 for the base set.
29 duplicates from base set.
6 Yankee Stadium Legacy
14 serial numbered parallels
4 hits (3 game used memorabilia and 1 auto)


6 Yankee Stadium Legacy

4 Green Parallels /499
2 Gray Parallels /399

4 Red Parallels /249
1 Tan Parallel /299
1 Royal Blue /199

1 Brown Parallel /149
1 Beige Parallel /299


THE HITS!
Smoltz Jersey 038/200
Zanbrano Jersey 078/125
Guerrero Jersey 12/50
Kaline Auto 04/10

     Over all I am very happy with this box and now really like this set. The hits were great, the Zambrano is up for trade and I could be persuaded to trade the Kaline auto but it would have to be something very special as I really like it.
     I have decided to try and put together the base set and am looking to all you great readers of BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet for help. I have put up a page on my sidebar of the cards I need so take a look. Anybody who can help me finish this set please e-mail me and we can work something out.

Don't forget to check out The Pack Rip Cafe for my latest pack rips. Become a follower and spread the word by adding it to your blogrolls.



Thanks for Watching and Reading!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I too like the Heroes set, retroactively. Still have quite a few Twins to track down. Nice box, though; gotta like the Kaline.

the sewingmachineguy said...

A stream of drool just hit my keyboard at the sight of that Kaline. Awesome! Ya know I likes me some Tigers.

night owl said...

I'll check to see if I can fill some of the base wants. I should have a few. If you can spare the green Brad Penny card, that's all I'd want.

madding said...

I'm going to send some stuff out to you soon. I'll have to check to see if I have any base cards from this set for you. By the way, if you're not attached to that Matt Holliday card, let me know.

LongFlyBall said...

I'd be happy to take any of the Cubs dupes off your hands for something you can use.
Also, is the Zambrano relic up for trade? I am sure we can work a deal.

I'll send an email to confirm.

beardy said...

Wow! Nice Kaline! I've never busted this product, at least not a full box worth, but it seems like a decent value. There are some big name autos, and the patch cards are pretty nice looking too.

Nice break.

Joe S. said...

Loved this set. I busted one hobby and one retail box in search of the base set (still a few short) so I've got a good amount of doubles. I'll check what I have against what you need and let you know!

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers