Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football !

 
   Hello all. I've got 6 words for you. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?! That's right, the NFL season begins tonight. Cowboys at Giants is a marquee match up and a good choice for the opener. I like the idea that the NFL adopted a few years back where the Superbowl Champion gets to be the first and only game on opening night. It wouldn't be a sports card buffet if I didn't show some cards now would it so here we are. I will lead with my third favorite team, the defending champions, the New York Football Giants. I am not sure about the rest of the country but here in NYC the Giants don't get the respect they deserve, 2 Superbowl's in 5 years is quite an accomplishment but still no respect. Only a 3 1/2 point favorite at home against a Dallas team most likely without Jason Witten is truly an insult. Now as a Jets fan I am not thrilled with the last few years from the management side and loud mouth coach with no real accomplishments and that has caused a shift in the media coverage here as well. Now it's all about what stupid thing the Jets coach said or what stupid move the front office has made for the sake of headlines (Tebow, etc.) and the Giants get forgotten about. Now I am a life long Jets fan and root hard for them when they play against the Giants but it still isn't right, the Giants deserve a lot more respect then they get around here. On to the cards.
 
 
 
  A trio of Eli Manning's! He has definitely become one of the elite QB's in the league. Saturday Night Live just re aired his show from back in May this week. He was hilarious.


   Some more guys who should make some noise tonight. Nicks, Kiwanuka, and Jernigan. (sweet patch)

    Now I can't post football cards without a few from my 2 favorite teams.


  D'Brick, Sanchez, and Green are 3 critical players to the Jets success or failures this season.


   It should be interesting to see how the Saints handle all the off season turmoil this year. These three cogs in their offense hopefully come through. Brees, Graham, and Colston.

I can say for sure that I am ready for some football. I think most Mets fans are. Now it's your turn.....

Are YOU Ready for some football?!




 
Thanks For Reading!

1 Comment:

Wilson said...

I'm in St. Louis, so it's only kind of football.

Post a Comment

Let Everyone Know What You Think

Followers